Would you consider your dog family so much that you cook for him?

Everyone calls me crazy because I cook my dog meals sometimes but i just think he deserves to be treated like family & I would not like to eat dog food everyday I would like a yummy warm meal every once in a while:)

Momie09

Asked by Momie09 at 10:32 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Pets

• I love my dog, but no, I wouldn't cook for him, since Im against dogs having table scraps, He gets enough from my son, he doesnt need me cooking for him too. =) Although the dogs get gifts & stockings at christmas time... Table foods are really bad for dogs.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 10:33 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• nope. they make dog food for a reason.
    in the wild dogs are hunters anyways, they don't cook their food. Why should I? I do give our dog bits of raw meat when I'm cooking for my family though. I give them to my cat too.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:34 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• We do that for my brother's dog..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:34 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I cook for mine 3 or 4 times a week. Always a meat source.It's natural for a dog to want meat and what they get in dogfood is yuk.
    mamawmom

Answer by mamawmom at 10:34 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• yeah thats what i think aswell..I love to treat my dog :)
    Momie09

Comment by Momie09 (original poster) at 10:36 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Our dog is elderly and cannot eat dry dog food any more. We make homemade dog food once or twice a week in large batches for him. Until he lost his teeth I didn't cook for him but since he needs me to, I do.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:58 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I cook for my furbie, and she loves it, but I'm careful what I cook for her, don't want her gaining weight. I think it's great that you love your furbie that much. I started cooking for her when we were getting so many recalls on the dog food. I cook her chic breast and add it to her food, hamb, rice, some veggies.......got to make sure they have their essential vitamins........good for you I say,  just be wise in how much you give her......

zbee

Answer by zbee at 11:11 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yes but only a couple of times a month and it's when we have meat that is going to go bad but we don't have time to cook it for ourselves than I'll boil it up for him. Also if I'm at the store and they have those amazing deals because they are about to expire I'll get a pack for him. When I first got him he was extremely malnourished and very sick and almost died on me. I cooked him rice mixed with green beans, chicken broth (with no salt) and boiled up chicken and then would mix it with his puppy food because I didn't want him to only want people food. It helped him so much and he got better and finally after two months got the puppy fat he should have had and is now a happy healthy two year old punk.
    I think cooking for your pet (family member) is fine as long as it doesn't consume you and your pet ends up eating better then you or your kids/husband and so on.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 11:51 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My dogs are a part of my family however So many of the human food are not good for them so I would rather keep them on a good diet.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 4:41 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Well i boil him some Boneless chicken Breast and cook him some unsalted rice :)
    Momie09

Comment by Momie09 (original poster) at 5:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2010