Should I confront her, or just let it go?

I feel incredibly childish for being so upset over this- so if you have something to say, it better be nice.
I have been best friends with a girl since I was in 6th grade. We grew up on the same street, did everything together. We've had some dumb arguments in the past, but always got over them. I was away for a weekend a few weeks ago. Apparently her and another one of my friends got into it on Facebook about something the other friend of mine said about her. I got a text from the other friend about what was going on. When I got home the following day, I had this nasty message on my facebook, "Kelsey, I just can't do this anymore. I can't be friends with someone who causes so much stress in my life, etc". I was completely blind-sided. I've been stewing over this for a couple weeks now. I think it was completely immature for her to just unfriend me because of something my other friend said! What do I do?

SAHMomOf3

Asked by SAHMomOf3 at 10:37 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Id confront her..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:39 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Let it go, sounds to me she like the drama. if she didnt she wouldn't have dragged you into it in the first place. once things calm down she'll come around & if she doesn't well then she wasn't much of a friend then....

lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 10:39 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• sounds like middle school playground stuff

go about your life, you do not need a person in your life like this
    sounds like a person who after spending time with, you feel drained
    this kind of person is an energy stealer, and these people do not change

you are better off
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:40 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I think it all sounds incredibly childish - don't see a benefit in confronting her - and if you don't need/want childishness in your life, you can only benefit from letting it go.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 10:40 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Confront her there is clearly some miscommunication
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 10:40 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• that is childish of her to do it over facebook...she should have talked to you face to face. this is just another reason why i just deleted my fb page. fb caused me to much stress. if i were you i would probably call her or stop over and explain how you feel. tell her it doesn't make sense b/c you didn't do anything. best of luck to you!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:41 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I would ask her what she is talking about! You were out of town and have no idea what's going on, not to mention you didnt have access to facebook!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:42 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• You guys sound like you could be sisters! Did this other friend perhaps tell her something you said behind her back? I would ask your other friend what she said that upset her and got you into it. If this is the case. After you gather all the facts- send her a email and explain your feelings about the friendship-you have been friends for such a long time -I am hoping you will work it out.
    Grace516

Answer by Grace516 at 10:42 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I would visit her or call her. Definately don't do this over facebook. I would explain to her that you love her, and your other friend....but their issues are between them and don't involve you. If she doesn't like this for whatever reason, then wash your hands of it. You can't force her to be your friend...and if she is a true friend, she will come back after some time to realize you had nothing to do with what was going on.
    AZR

Answer by AZR at 10:43 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I would just call her up and ask what was up. I would also tell her I do value our friendship, but I was not in for the trip back to Middle School, so to please leave me out of the drama!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:44 AM on Aug. 30, 2010