Is everyone on the east coast ready for a hurricane? (current event)

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at2+shtml/083315.shtml?5-daynl?large#contents

I noticed that yesterday the track was skirting the states but still tracking out at sea. Now the 'cone of probability' is tracking closer to the coast. Are the CM's on the east cost ready for this storm? I sure hope so. It looks like it's going to be a big one. Residents on the east coast are in my thoughts.

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 10:53 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yeah, I'm in NC. We are use to them. I have my batteries, my dehydrated food, and water. We have a pool, so no worries flushing (if you know what I mean.) We are going to put the tie-downs on the porch roof (something my husband rigged) and take down the gazebo on the deck, stow the deck furniture, and get everything filled with gas. Then, we will deal with what comes. If it passes, we put all back. If it comes ashore, we clean up (and we can get started doing that without waiting for the feds. We did it with Hugo, Fran, Dennis, Floyd, Bertha, Bonnie, and way back Hazel, Camile, Ion, and too many others to mention.)
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:25 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• crap. I'm moving! we are just outside of it, but I hope for good weather.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:16 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Im in MD..NOOOOOO Im not ready :/
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:10 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Good luck to all of you on the east coast ...we went through a hurricane in Ft Walton Beach,Fl in 1975 and it was scary. We were without power and water for 5 days. It was bad. We had a few dozen tall pine trees blown down in our yard . DH bought a chain saw and we ended up with a few years worth of firewood. No damage to the house.
    Good luck!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:11 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I live outside Philly and the whether has been CRAZY ...Starting with SO MUCH SNOW this winter...them CONSISTANT HEAT WAVES this summer....and at least 3 TORNADOES! CRAZINESS

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:13 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I live in Florida and I'm not excited about this storm but once I get some bottled water we will be ready.
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 10:56 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I lived in FLa for 7 years on the golf side. I know the one storm is very close to the Carolinas and New England. I currently live in PA and lets just say we got the remnants of Hurricane Irene (?) anyway by the time ti got here it was a tropicla storm but peopel were running out buying the store up. I found it hilarious at the time. I just hope this hurricane isn't New York's 100 year storm.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 11:08 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I'm on the Gulf coast and we are ready every year as all should be. No one gets all freaked out and we don't have runs on supplies. It's just a part of life.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:47 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Oof, I hope it doesn't hit. I'd rather it track back out to sea. We're all set to go on vacation to the Outer banks in a few weeks. We have hurricane insurance, just in case, and we'd get our money back if something happened to the house we're renting. But still... I'm starting to see why it was much less expensive to rent this house on the beach in September.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 12:03 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yeah because all hurricanes do here is cause rain. But I'm in PA so I'm kinda inland and stuff so.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2010