well for those who answered b4 i told my MIL about being pregnant~~

well she called today asking where my BIL was cause he lives with us i said well he is over at his dads and i said well since i have u on the phone..."ur going to be a grandma again" she said oh and was a bit pissy sounding then she said "its a girl right" i said umm NO and then she just dropped the pregnancy conversation and said well i really need to call Dustin(BIL) so i let her go!!

i told my mom and she said gezz what a bitch!

i wasnt going to tell her but i still want her to be a part of the family..... in some distant way!

navywifemomkoch

Asked by navywifemomkoch at 10:31 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I know how you feel. I have the mother in law from hell. When my husband told his mother I was pregnant she responded "Well, I can't believe she did it on purpose. This is why you should not have married the B." My husband was very upset, because what she didn't know what I was on fertility drugs. I love it when she digs herself a huge hole that she, she can't get out of. Good luck with everything. Also, I am on strict bedrest and she called for "her son" the other day and asked me how her grandson was doing. I explained that I was on bedrest and the reasons why, her response was "Well, what does Brad think about that and you not taking care of your baby." It just gets better the longer your in the family. Good Luck!!
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 10:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• its sound like it!! sorry
    whittany_89

Answer by whittany_89 at 10:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I know how the MIL thing is....I've learned over the years not to tell her much and to keep my distance!
    abearshug

Answer by abearshug at 10:44 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I told you -you should have gone with the whole -I'm not preg I just gained some weight -thing...LOL you would have gotten a much bigger kick out of her response to that! She sucks - screw her opinion! Well, now my dream of ever hearing of anyone using my method to tell their crappy parents/inlaws they are pregnant, is gone! Way to let me down, Navywife! LOL
    Seriously- congrats on letting the cat out of the bag- hope she comes around!
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• lol thanks mommyof5 i am sure i will get another chance to piss her off
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 10:48 PM on Oct. 10, 2008