I thought liberals were big environmentalists?

If so then watch these two videos and tell me who is cleaner.We saw the same thing at president Obamas Inauguration when the democrats left the area trashed.

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 10:59 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow - I loved Lovinangels answer. I hate litter. My husband and I once visited South Padre Island, and we spent an entire day picking up trash because we were too disgusted to enjoy the beach.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:16 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Wow, that makes me sad. All that litter is horrible.

When I take the kids to the beach we bring a bag and I have DS pick up some of the trash with me and he earns a credit for his scouts. I hate seeing trash like that everywhere. Some people have no pride.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:04 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I don't know- Dad calls me a tree hugger all the time, and I got a nice raise out of my dh's eyebrow when I wanted to switch to soap nuts for laundry detergent... and I believe in being conservative in EVERYTHING- not overeating, not wasting water, freecycling. I don't buy into global warming, but it's not rocket science to see that the population is growing and the earth isn't getting any bigger.

I think it's just a stereotype.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:13 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I don't think Liberals are "big envronmentalists"....Intelligent people are...no matter which Party they align themsleves with. It is NOT a Democrat or Republican issue. It is an issue for intelligent people who care about our planet.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:08 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• They say a picture is like a thousand words. It's happened before. The Tea party activities have been shown to be the same. The areas are always clean when everyone leaves. I won't go as far as to say Libs are not earth friendly but you can see for yourself here and in the past, many are slobs.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:28 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I think it's probably because most conservatives are older and thus more likely to pick up after themselves and be aware. Many Obama supporters are younger and may still have a sense that the world revolves around them. Also, the recent conservative movement is very determined to show everyone that they mean well. They are out to prove their intentions... and that includes leaving a place the way you found it. There's a sense of camaraderie when you attend these events, so you want to keep things clean and don't mind picking up your fellows trash. Obama supporters may feel like they don't have anything to prove because they've already "won".
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:32 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• WWAGD

What Would Al Gore Do.... ROFL!!!!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:16 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I thought liberals were big environmentalists?

***
    TN...by now, you should understand that liberals themselves aren't the environmentalists, they just want to DICTATE living greener....you know, like how the "rich" should donate every penny they earn to charity...not that THEY do, but that others should!!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:47 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• A lot of conservative believe in doing for themselves,  like picking up after themselves.

A lot of liberals think, oh what the heck, let the government take care of it.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 2:13 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• We go to rallies all the time and we have always left parks, streets cleaner than they where.

But the other side has always left their Sh$t behind. They are so use to NOT doing things for them-selfs. I guess they are waiting for the Government to clean it up?

gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:18 AM on Aug. 30, 2010