Organic food??

Do you think it's necessary?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• some of it - milk, eggs, fruit
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:06 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• it's Bullshit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yes... I do!!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:10 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yes, some of it. Organics (because of how they are grown) are known-proven- to contain as much as 200x the nutritional value of fruits and veggies grown in soil which has been raped of its nutrient value.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:11 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I prefer it for some items, like fruits and veggies that aren't always peeled first. I've also found that because a lot of organic growers are smaller, that they are more concerned with the quality of their produce, so it tends to taste better. Strawberries are a good example. Major growers like them big for the visual appeal, which quite often makes them tasteless. Tomatoes are the same way.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:11 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• We try to buy organic when its affordable, I always get organic milk, and usually get farm fresh eggs locally. Our grocery store sells their own organic line that is very comparable to regular prices. When it is comparable or not much more I do go for organic....if money were no object, everything I bought would be organic.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:12 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I try to buy dairy and meats organic. With vegetables, I don't buy the organic ones at the grocery store because I've seen them wheeled around on carts with non-organic produce. I'm thinking there has to be some cross contamination there. I try to go to the farmer's market or Whole Foods for produce, but I can't always make the 45 minute drive.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:14 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My family thinks it is. We started buying organic when my daughter started eating food. We go to the doctor less so the cost of the food does actually save us money in the long run. I won't eat citrus that is not organic, they spray the pesticides on the fruit then wax them so you eat the chemicals (they won't come off).

We buy meat that is not certified organic but it has no chemicals and it is grass fed. We are much healthier than we were when we ate processed foods.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 11:15 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Forgot to add - I do think they're necessary. The growth hormones, pesticides, and other unnatural things that are added aren't good for you.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:15 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• some of it is more important than others...especially milk, meat and certain fruits and veggies
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:18 AM on Aug. 30, 2010