What should I think?

My boyfriend and I have been together for a while, everything is going really well. On Friday one of his female friends forwarded me a few messages between the two of them. Him basically asking how her and her daughter was doing. She asked how him, me, and my daughter were doing. And they were talking about a carnival going on locally that he wanted to go to that she went to. He gave her his number and said it would be better if they texted instead of messaged on the computer. She told him no and forwarded the messages to me. I asked him about it and he said he just wanted to talk and that he would never do anything to hurt our relationship and that he loves me. We spend majority of our time together, he's good with my daughter (treats her like his own, and so does his family). I don't know what to do about it. the only thing that bugs me is he hides his texts from me when i look, and says he doesn't do that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't know, it's a red flag but if there isn't anything else I'd let it go for now.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I would be PIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSEEEEDD!!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:23 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Hides his texts? How many female friends does he have? My husband is friendly with my friends but doesn't contact them....
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 11:23 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• It sounds like the messages were pretty innocent, I wouldn't be too concerned with those. It would be what he's hiding in those other texts that would concern me. If you're feeling insecure, you might want to cool things off until you're sure he's faithful.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• he's not being entirely truthful. since he is hiding texts. i would just tell him that you have lost some trust in him and that he needs to make sure that he finds a way to earn that trust back or to just be upfront and honest with you for you guys to continue to work through this.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:23 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• RED FLAG!!!!!!!!!! I would be very mad
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 30, 2010