What would you do if you suspected possible kidnapping?

What would you do if you suspected that your ex may be planning on kidnapping your child but you had no real proof?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in General Parenting

• Call the court. You should have a reason when you call though. Has he been behaving differently? Said something to someone? Done something similar in the past? Anything you can tell the court to at least get his visitation supervised would be best.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Honestly, I would tell my lawyer and probably sit up all night long with a shotgun...pick him up from school and not let him out of my sight! I know, overreacting a bit...but thats what I would do!
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 11:17 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I had to fire my atty cause he was through a volunteer program and was doing a really shitty job. I have NOT once denied my ex access to our child but he's trying to build a case against me. I saw some stuff recently that is making me REALLY suspicious that he's gonna try to take the baby. I don't want to deny him our child for fear of being labeled a "parental alienator." I'm just not sure what to do right now.
    Anonymous

• I would go w/ ur gut instinct bc as a mother, it's 2 protect our children. Also, I would call ur attorney & talk 2 him bc this way ur not accusing him of ne thing. And if u think it's necessary, look in2 getting supervised visits as a way 2 "keep an eye" on what he may or may not say 2 ur child.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 12:26 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• While you have your child in you custody go to the court and inform them of what has been going on. 2nd. anytime your child goes with his father have him ( the father) write down that he will have your son back to you at such and such time and date. and give you a phone number where he can be reached in case of an er. And then wait and 15 min after the said time has past you have every right to call the cops and tell them that your child was due back at such and such time and he isnt. Trust me I have been throw this. And mine was and still is trying to kidnap my kids. Even if he showes up document it that he was late. Document document document everything
    kraZyLilJumpers

Answer by kraZyLilJumpers at 1:19 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• WELL THE COURTS AND ALL THAT WILL DO NOTHING. I HATE OUR LAWS SOMETIMES.... I DONT KNOW HOW IT IS IN UR STATE BUT WITHOUT HARD PROOF THEY WILL DO NOTHING. ITS KINDA ONE OF THOSE... ITS GOT TO HAPPEN B4 THEY DO ANYTHING

I WOULD JUST BE EXTRA CAREFUL, TRY TO GET A RESTRAINING ORDER PLACED, NEVER LET THE KIDS OUT UR SITE OR WITH SOMEONE YOU DONT 100% COMPLETELY TRUST. (NOT THAT U WOULD ANYWAY, BUT NOW UR GUARD HAS TO BE EXTRA UP)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:26 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I would not take my eye off my child and only leave them with loved ones. I would also get a lawyer quickly if your kids are in school in case he may try getting them from school.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2008