Have you ever had a blackeye?

I had one once, not sure how I got it, so I guessed I got it from strain on my eye. My boss wouldn't believe me and said my S/O must have hit me. He didn't know my S/O so I just said, " you don't know him to assume that," and let it go at that. If he had I think I would not have gone to work, so he didn't really know me either.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes, but it was from my husband. It seems like I spent half of my life hiding injuries until I left... though I'm sure you found what your boss said to be annoying, look at it this way- at least he cared :) most people turn a blind eye.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:24 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yep, I've had a couple, usually cause I gave them to myself. The last bad one I had was in junior high. I was playing with the dog on the floor, crawling around and whipped my head around and WHAM, right into the arm of a chair.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:23 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I broke my nose horsing around at a military pool party. Both my eyes where black from it. My ex and I went out to dinner a few days later both my eyes where still black and the looks he got. I felt so bad for him.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 11:24 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I had a black eye once when I was 12. My friends little brother accidentally punched me in the eye. Lol. It's kind of funny when I think back on it.
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 11:24 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• What a jerk to just assume that's how you got it! Unless you come to work bruised up all the time, then it's no one's business! Besides, one time I punched my husband in the face during a dream I was having (I swear I really was asleep!) and no one gave him a hard time for that! (In fact he works w/ mostly women, so they probably loved it! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:24 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My kids have given me lots of black eyes... lol They play around with me like they play with my husband... but he's twice my size, and 10 times as strong... so he can take a little more than I can! It hasn't happened in a while, but my son used to jump on me and yell "Spider Monkey!!"... he missed once and elbowed me in the eye. Hurts like hell, but it wasn't a big deal.

I agree with a PP... at least your boss cared enough to be concerned. Most people would just look the other way.
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 12:08 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• When my son was a baby he kicked me in the nose with those hard walking shoes while I was changing his diaper! MY NOSE BROKE- AND YEP I had black eyes!!!!
    Grace516

Answer by Grace516 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yes, once, from getting hit in the face with a baseball while teaching my sons how to play!
    3boysandmekmcd

Answer by 3boysandmekmcd at 11:30 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yes! I was working at an agency counseling at-risk kids. This one kiddo attempted to climb into the chimney of the fireplace, so when I pulled him out, he punched me square in the eye! Man, it was so hard to keep my cool until I could get out of that situation. As soon as I left the room, I ran to the office and secretly cried. It was terrible! :,(
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:42 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I got a black eye from my son once. We were playing and his little fist fit right in the eye and socked me good. Since half the family were there when it happened I was so embarrased. Funny when I think of it now though.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 11:46 AM on Aug. 30, 2010