How can I stop being self reliant on others and what are ways I can improve my life

Morning Ladies I asked a question on another website and was told this I do know I can be dependent on someone or others sometimes and here comes the disappointment I am single mother of a handicapped 17 year old cannot drive I do take the bus or cab when I cannot get a ride right now we are very low in food and again my boyfriends counselor has him waiting on him should of been here now 1:00 hopefully he will get food.

I should of made arrangements last week to get to a food bank my ride can be a problem for me at times to now I cant grocery shop until Wednesday I am hungry eating what I can my daughter just keeps wonting to eat then Wednesday do I hope and pray my ride comes I am getting very little food stamps and I wont to get enough food cabs cost a lot but that is what I may have to do if Wayne comes should I go to another store wait later go to Walmart somebody please tell me what to do I am about to lose my mind

blessed2877

Asked by blessed2877 at 11:24 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• is there a eason you cant drive?never learned? that would be a good step forward is learning how to drive.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 11:29 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• You can afford a computer and internet service but you don't have food?? I think you need to look at what is really important in your life.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 11:33 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Since your son is disabled, would you qualify for a food/meal delivery service in your area? Don't know what his disability is, but can he get part-time work after he graduates? Then maybe you could find part-time or full-time work as well? Without knowing the specifics & /or limitations - your best bet is to contact your county board of Developmental Disabilties & /or an Ability Center in your area for more guidance that's appropriate for your situation. Good luck.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• You should look online at grocery store websites.. a lot of them these days deliver. If you are having issues with food budgeting google Angel Food. I've heard good things about them and the food they offer. If I were you I would go to college (if you haven't) and probably do a 2 year nursing program to better your life. You would make good pay and it's only 2 years of school. You could even look into taking some of the classes online and there is a good amount of government and private help for people to pay for school.. plus a 2 year school isn't very expensive. The amount you get for grants should cover it if you are low income. Once you are making more money perhaps it will be easier to manage your own life. I'm not sure why you can't drive, but if you can get around the problem that would make things much easier of course.
    Kisses4Henry

Answer by Kisses4Henry at 11:35 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• What type of income do you have? Do you guys work? How handicapped is your daughter? Not being a butt head, just trying to see more into your situation. :)
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 11:37 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Well, I guess people will bash you because you are online. No one considers you may be at a friends house or walked to the library. If you are paying for internet shut it off and buy food with the money you save. Do you belong to a church that may help you with food or a ride?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:52 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I have to agree with th unpopular answer, grow up nad get a licence, get rid of your computer for mney, dont pay for internet , and get a job! You automatically are approved for state care for you child, I think you are simply not anting to get a job or do the right thing...If you dont like this (anyone) you can save it, because you are all just enabling this moron, like everyone else!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:47 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• WOW! What happen to words of compassion? JoLee12345, I hope u never have 2 be in her place. I'd hate 2 see what your life would be like if u didn't have a computer, car, money.Would u be a moron too? Man, we don't even know the background on this woman. How do we know that she isn't disable herself? As far as the internet, I go to the Library. I don't drive coz I'm on oxygen and wheelchair bound. I can't work because of all the medications I'm on & disabilities. I live in a poverty community since the mines closed. So does that make us all morons who are being enabled? TO BLESSED2877. Some people prejudging. I know its easy 4 us 2 speak b4 we ask God, what is the truth of this matter. I think God's brought these people 2 help you because u are unable 2 stand on your own two feet right now. Trust Him 2 care for u & supply your needs through loving hands of others. We are a work in progress. It wil get better. Rest in God!
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 1:16 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• If your daughter is disabled, have you ever contacted your local social services for assistance? She might qualify for "Meals on Wheels?" A church may have some options or ideas for you, too. Maybe your boyfriend should be asking the counselor for some
    advice on this issue. Counselors receive all sorts of "information" that they usually FORGET to mention to someone. I'm sure
    there has to be some sort of service out there that can help - just have to get the ball rolling and find 'em! It IS hard getting ahold of people sometimes, I know. If all else fails, call your local hospital and ask to speak with their social service person - you don't HAVE to be a patient to use 'em. Or try your local government people - the mayor's office if nothing else!! Get out your phone book, and start calling... If somebody says they can't or whatever, ask them if they had any thoughts or suggestions. YOU CAN DO IT!!
    lakotakat

Answer by lakotakat at 3:01 AM on Jan. 24, 2011