How are you getting your preschooler ready for kindergarten?

I'm just curious if there are any unique activities that you mamas are doing with your pre-k kids to get them ready for school. My son is in Pre-K this year. He already knows how to write all his letters, and can sound out a few words. I'm looking more for good activities with numbers, writing words, that kind of thing. (for those who are looking for good beginning reader stuff- LeapFrog makes AWESOME DVDs, invest in them!!)

SAHMomOf3

Asked by SAHMomOf3 at 11:25 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We have an ABC store in our area that a lot of teachers go to for supplies. There are a lot of online sites to go to as well. And yes, that leapster is a great invention! Sounds like you and your child are right on track- and I'm sure your little guy will do just fine next year!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:28 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My daughter starts Kindergarten next week, she's great with her ABCs and numbers and writing, we are working on things now like making sure she knows her address, phone number, where her bus stop is, and how to tie her shoes =) She also needs to know how to buckle herself in to the school bus.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:35 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Wow, I wish our school buses had seat belts. Caleb knows his address and phone number too. We're working on tying shoes. Ever noticed that all the cool shoes have those stupid velcro straps? Try getting a little boy to pick out plain tennis shoes...HA lol
    SAHMomOf3

Comment by SAHMomOf3 (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• i got her a Dvd that's called ready for preschool by leap frog and other ones as well. i think she's prepared.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 3:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2010