What would u do if you had a child that likes to cause problems?

I have been married to my husband for 6 years and his son is always doing something to cause a problem in our home. This past week he has been stealing pop tarts out of the house and Thursday I caught him. We have been fighting with him and his behavior for years and nothing has changed. You displine him and thats funny to him. We have call places to have him remove from the home and all they can tell us that the only way they would remove him is if we had hurt him but on top of that we would be put in jail and have the other children taken away. Why should I have to take my kids through HELL when that child only thinks of self. I would always think it would be my kids and their fathers to cause the HELL in my marriage it ends up being his 10 year old child. I'm so ready to walk never to look back and then on top of that I don't even want my husband to come see me and the kids we share. I'm hurt, piss, and so stress out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• I'm sorry but there is so much missing from this story. Apparently, he has caused issues in the house but the example you gave to me was a child being a child. BUT I'm sure there is more to the story I just don't know what to say because taking "pop tarts" isn't a reason to send a kid to Juvie. (again, I know there's more to the story but you didn't say what the "reasons" where you wanted him out of the house. Sorry.

Anonymous

• put him in boot camp. see if their is a young marines corp in your area. he need intervention. though I'm wondering where is mom. he has anger issues. he is hurt that's why he is trying to get you guys back be loving spend one on one with him. ymarines will teach him respons. and charcter.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 11:29 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• my son had a hard time with our blended family too but we pray I hug and kiss him. he is accepting it more. their is a kid that make fun of the situatuion. my husband has talked about kicking the the other kids dads butt to show him...lol. be strong in your marriage and teach your kids how to work on issues when the going gets tuff. that's why God hates divorce it causes so much conflict.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 11:37 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I really hope there are more problems then just he steals pop tarts. That is not a big deal, he has to eat. How old is he and what else is going on?
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• He can't very well "steal" food from his home. It's your responsibility to provide that for him. If you are not feeding the child then I understand why they would have concerns about your other children. I don't think wanting to eat constitutes causing problems in a family. maybe you just don't like this kid. A lot of stepmoms resent kids from a previous relationship.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:11 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• BOOT CAMP!
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 10:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2008