I just left my job to be at home with my boys, now that I am here what do I do?

staceycorolla

Asked by staceycorolla at 11:50 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• How old are your boys? Are they in school?
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 11:51 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Treasure the time! They grow too fast!!! Take them to the park. Teach them thier abc numbers and things like that How old r they???
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:52 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Care to elaborate? You wake up... get dressed, make breakfast... clean house, play games, eat lunch, etc... We're a part of a local playgroup, so we have activities planned 3-4 days a week. You find your own rhythm.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:54 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• OK I have always been a working mother and now my boys are 13 and 10 it's to late for teaching the abcs and 123s. I was more worried about the upcoming teen issues they will have so I was able to work on the budget and allow for me to become more involved however, I live in a small town where if you weren't in the PTO from birth people just look at you sideways.
    staceycorolla

Comment by staceycorolla (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Whatever it is they need you to do. If the house needs to be cleaned, clean house, if they want to play Candyland, play candyland. If they want to go outside, go outside.. Just enjoy the time you have with them, & make sure you remember that no matter what, its a great thing to be able to be a stay at home mommy. ((Even when your going insane & want to pull out your own hair. Take a step back & see all you would have missed had you been working or somewhere else. ))

Have fun.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 12:04 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• well, that is simple, clean your home, play with your kids, cook for them, teach them, and cherish your time with them, i personally feel that if you didnt know that then maybe you are as intuned to your mothering skills as you should be!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:04 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• wow Jolee thanks for that......like I said 13 and 10 they don't play anymore :) Maybe this wasn't the place to get advice.
    staceycorolla

Comment by staceycorolla (original poster) at 12:07 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Ummmm, I change my answer. If they are that old, just be ready to help them with any problems they might face, even if it seems so small. don't knock their issues. let them learn that they can trust you now, so when those teenage issues come in hopefully they'll be able to go to you & say hey mom, i have a problem..

& I live a town just like that with the PTO, its all about which mom has the most money, which mom has the best of the best. Its stupid. So I find other ways to help out at the schools, with out being a part of it... ((Or will find other ways since my little man starts Wed, but We've already talked to the teacher about me going in classroom to help out.))
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 12:07 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Well, with older kids... volunteer at the school. Volunteer for other charities as well while they are in school (leading by example!). Be there to pick them up from school and help them with homework. Get all the household chores done while they are in school so that all the time you have with your boys and husband can be quality time. Plan nutritious meals. A large majority of it is just being there. Knowing what they are doing, talk to them right after school about their day, etc...
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:08 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Curious then why would you make it work to not be working if you don't know what to do.. I mean, were problems happening that made you think there will be something in preteen years that they'd need you for?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:31 PM on Aug. 30, 2010