My child is nine months and is throwing fits is there something that I can do

Asked by bluedad at 3:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My little boy did that but he would scream and my doctor said he will grow out of it... He didn't. Until i started telling him no and pputting him in time out for it. When he got out of time out i praised everything he did until he had another fit. Tell that doctor to kiss it!

Answer by Combs716 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Try to ignore the fits if you can. Don't give in. 9 months is a little bit too young for punishments, so just try to ignore him or redirect his attention for now. He might grow out of it....

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• the best thing i did at that age was try to get as much of a schedule as i could and try to relaly stick by it. she's 3 1/2 and it's still working great

Answer by Ambreelulu at 4:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• pick him up, carry him to his room and tell him he has to stay there until he can behave like a big boy. close the door adn walk away. you may have to put him back in there a few times.

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• ignore it. my 10 month old will do it and i just ignore it. at first i will tell her. go get your toy, or get a cheerio. if she still throws a fit i let her work it out herself. she knows the quicker she calms down the quicker she can come get lovin from mommy

Answer by kelcee_eric_bry at 12:27 AM on Jul. 1, 2008