Internet Service?

Just found out that my internet service will be shutting down Wednesday. Nice. No notice. DH just started a new job that is done ON-LINE!!! We live in the country so our choices are extremely limited. No cable, no dsl. I need pros and cons of ATT, Hughesnet, and any others of that kind. (And this is just one straw on the camel's back to start the week!)

msm67

Asked by msm67 at 11:59 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have a Cricket broadband card. $40 a month. BUT you need to have a decent signal in your area...like cell signal
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 12:01 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• We have AT&T. We live in a populated area but the only choices are that and Time Warner. The price is about $30 a month. Sometimes they have specials when you can get it cheaper than that. The quality of your service will depend on the wires in your area. Our DSL goes out sometimes when they're doing work but is pretty reliable otherwise.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:50 PM on Aug. 30, 2010