Anyone see only a sac at 8 weeks and go on to have a baby?

I just had my 2nd U/S in 2 weeks, and I'm suppose to be 8 weeks., and only a yolk sac can be seen. My first u/s at 6 wks 3 days, dated me a week behind. Is it possible to go on to still have a baby at this point? Or should I just give up all hope?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• What did your Dr say? I'm sorry to have to tell you, but I was in a very similar situation (can't remember the exact # of weeks) & it turned out to be what I call a "No-yolk"- The baby never formed. They had to do a D & C. But please don't give up all hope. About 6 mos later I was pregnant w/ a very healthy baby girl!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:05 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• was the sac "intact" i had a 10 week us and my sac looked broken and we saw no baby, so they sent me to a specialist that day and his machine was better and we saw the baby clearly in the sac, but it had passed, ut what im sayign is maybe the sono just sucked and didnt pick it up? they kept telling me that sometimes there is error, in my case not but we could see it was broken. so i guess prepare for either. i know that feeling of having to wait im sorry and i hope it turns out for the better
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 12:25 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• At 5wks we seen a gestational sac. At 7wks we seen the little growing fetus. You could of ovulated late. I was originally due the 17th but now my due date is the 26th.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 2:45 PM on Aug. 30, 2010