waiting for Dr. to call back advice please !

ok so i'm waiting for my dr to call back becaus I have been having contractions since 5:30 am they are not getting stronger or closer together but they are not going away either they are about 6 min.s apart they are not screaming pain but they do hurt I have tried drinking water and a bath and laying and walking and nothing changes them any advice would be great
thanks !

msh88

Asked by msh88 at 12:04 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When I was 36.5 wks pregnant with my first, I started having contractions that were consistant (never once stopped, every 10 min all day) the next day they were about 6-7 min aprt ALL day and night. By the 3rd day they were about 5min apart and I finally decided to call my midwife. I wasnt dilated so she told told me to get rest and she gave me a med to help me sleep. That night was horrible and i didnt sleep at all, so at 530am we went to the hospital, the were about 3-4 min apart then and painfull. He was finally born that night after 4 days of consistant contractions!
    I have 4 kids and any time i had BH contractions, the longest they lasted consistantly was about 3 hrs. Are you full term? Sounds like it could be the real thing!!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 4:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• don't wait for him to call you back. if they get closer or just too pain head to hospital. ((((easy labor vibes))))
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:06 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Probably braxton hicks, trust me you will know when the real contractions start coming. Good Luck!
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 12:06 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I would talk to his nurse if u can't reach him.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:09 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Probably braxton hicks. I had those for three weeks before my doctor finally induced me. If they are not getting any stronger or any closer together, it's not active labor. Just try to relax mama!
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 12:19 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• i was always told that when my real labor contx started that i would know it and I DID!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 12:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I am 36.5 weeks I went in to the dr office they said I am 70% and a loose 2 cm (sounds great huh ?) but they sent me home with my contractions every 6-7 min.s last 1 - 1 1/2 min.s like it was no big deal I live an hour away and am still having contractions at 7:50pm I have no idea what to do I have 2 DD but was induced with both so I don't know what labor is like without dr.s and nurses controling it all they really dont hurt bad a 4.5 on scale of 1-10 10 being worst ever I dunno I dunno I'm freaking out !
    msh88

Comment by msh88 (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Aug. 30, 2010