do you use Vonage?

I'd love to get away from AT&T but I don't know how Vonage works. What info do you have?

RentaMom

Asked by RentaMom at 12:06 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have never personally tried it- but members of my family have, and they switched back to their previous carrier within a month.
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 12:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• i did use it and the service would go out off and on. yes it is cheap and you hear ok but i hated if the cable or power went out no service
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I used it for a couple of years in Wyoming, and it worked great, we never had a problem. You do have to have cable, and most land lines will go out when the power goes out. Now that we're back in Los Angeles, we have our landline through our cable company, although, we've considered going back to Vonage because we were happier with them.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:48 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I haven't used it sorry.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 7:44 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yes, we love it. Great price. We never have interruption of service. I love forwarding to my cell phones, I like all the options. It is through your cable internet so that is a must but I will never have regular service again.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:01 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• No, but one of my sisters does. The call quality is a little odd. For some strange reason, sometimes her calls get dropped on Sundays. :-\
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 11:06 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I have everything on Comcast tv, internet, phone.....its great
    JoanColi

Answer by JoanColi at 3:05 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• o...m...g...worse company ever! Good pricing but crappy quality and heck of a hard contract to break (I think they are discontinuing contracts but still charge a huge disconnect fee). Phone was fuzzy and echo'd constantly! Financially they do save you alot of money though!
    babyTmommytobe

Answer by babyTmommytobe at 6:27 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I had it for a few years - I had issues with dropped calls, and sometimes calls would sound really "tinny." I also had a big issue with not being able to dial 800 numbers, it took them almost 6 months to correct it. They are really inexpensive, but you get what you pay for.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:14 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Never.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 11:50 PM on Dec. 19, 2010