Have you ever been on a cruise?

If so, what was it like? What did you like or dislike?

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 12:10 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Entertainment

• I've been on a cruise in the Mediterrean and a Chinese River cruise. Neither of them were typical cruises in that the ship wasn't the focus of the trip, it was the destination. Both were great.

For the Greek cruise we'd spend the day on one of the islands, go to sleep on the ship and wake up somewhere completely different. The Chinese cruise was more about seeing the country from the river. We learned so much just by watching the scenery pass by.

The only real problems were with the Chinese cruise. Our room was a little smelly and they could not make it go away. They also ran out of the more Western food near the end of the cruise. I was fine eating Chinese most days but the one day I wanted oatmeal they'd run out of milk.
    Myantek

Answer by Myantek at 12:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yes, once, on a Disney cruise. Loved it alot! The only thing I didn't like was that my kids wouldn't enjoy the many activities they had for them. Just wanted to be with mom and dad. You would not believe all the things that are on these ships.- movie theatre/stage for shows, I think 3 pools, just amazing! Would highly recommend it!
    patty1301

Answer by patty1301 at 12:13 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I don't think I could ever go on a cruise. I would never be able to be stuck on a boat for so long with all those people in the middle of the ocean.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I wish i could go on one...i think it would be soo much fun!!
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 12:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Our cruise was scheduled the week of Hurricane Karina( obviously booked wayyyy before Katrina was thought of). So anyways we had to leave from a different port than planned, cutting a day out of cruise. They offered us an extra $50 for the inconvenience. But once on the boat, it was the most fun I ever had. The boat is like a city on water. Restaurants, night clubs, casinos and of course nice decks for water watching. There were broadway style and comedy shows. We went the Grand Caymen Island for swimming with sting rays and Cozemel, Mexico for shopping, both were a lot of fun. My husband has never been and we are planning to go on our 2 year wedding anniversary.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:16 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yes once. Was awesome, Lasted 5 days. I was preggers so I couldn't drink, BOO but the buffetts were awesome!!!
    tylerjmommy

Answer by tylerjmommy at 12:19 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Just took my 8 year old on a cruise this summer- it was awesome!!! The boat had pools, shows, games, dancing, karaoke, classes- everything you could want. Different restaurants and buffets and then we were able to leave the ship at each port to do the touristy things in town. We had such a great time and can't wait to go back again!!

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:41 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• No, afraid of the water. Don't think I'll plan on it either.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• nope i never been on one. hubby has mention he wanted to go on one
    kurtkamkaitsmom

Answer by kurtkamkaitsmom at 1:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2010