Is my 13 year old girl too young to have a boyfriend??

Niseyjy77

Asked by Niseyjy77 at 12:23 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• YES!!!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:23 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I would say yes. Growing up we had a rule in my house: No boyfriends until driver's license! And even then, they had to pass Mom/Dad's approval.

Now as a grown woman, I respect that rule greatly. I was protected from a lot that comes with having a boyfriend.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 12:25 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• In my opinion... YES
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• YES!!! WAy too young. And don't give in...keep an eye on her and let her know you are in charge. She is too young to know what is right. But you need to tell her what is right and what is wrong. Good luck!.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:27 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I appreciate your answers. It was on my mind and I was wondering it.. Thank You so much...
    Niseyjy77

Comment by Niseyjy77 (original poster) at 12:28 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yes! Unless you think she is mature enough to get married.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:28 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Depends what you mean by boyfriend- if it's a boy at schoool she has a crush on and they talk on the phone or text it's prob not a big deal. By that age most kids are hangig out in boy/girl groups. If this is a boy she is spending all her time with especially one on one unsupervised time I would say yes she's too young for that.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:29 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• if you are wondering, then you know in your heart the answer - yes 13 is to young to have a boy or girl friend.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:29 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• when our daughter was 13 we didn't care for her having a "boyfriend" at school but she was not allowed to talk to him on the phone, go anywhere, or anything of that sort. So pretty much she had a boy she hung out with some during the school day and that was it. She does have a boyfriend now that she can go out with as long as big sister or we go with them. (she's 15) We have met and talked to his parents several times so we're all on the same page with what the kids can and can't do.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 12:29 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Probably, I guess it matters what your dd's interpretation of being, " boyfriend *&* Girl friend ," is. If it's just walking to school together , talking on the phone allot together, meeting at the roller skating rink, or mall on Saturday. & they are the same age, and ," pretty good," kids. then it might not be so bad.' Trust is a biggy to, if you have a really good relationship with your dd and know her really well, then your inner voice should be able to awnser this question  better then any of us. Good Luck~ Parenting is ," NO " easy job.

Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 12:30 PM on Aug. 30, 2010