What symptoms are considered depressed?

Ok well I have a big story I guess...but I cant type it all....
SO what is considered depression?

LisaMarie816

Asked by LisaMarie816 at 11:28 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Health

• I was diagnosed with depression. Some of my symptoms are: feeling sad for no reason,cry for no reason,want to stay in bed all day,irritated quick. I have even had suicidal thoughts. I am taking zoloft.
    Anonymous

• Feeling bummed out, not able to handle everyday life, blue, for an extended period of time. Insomnia or lack of sleep, lack of eating or over eating. When I get that way, I just want to sleep all the time to avoid my responsibilities of life because they are so overwhelming to me. (even if it's a tiny problem it seems monumental) None of my usual activities made me happy or cheered me up. I knew it was time to get help. I hope that helps you some and good luck.
    HippieChick14

Answer by HippieChick14 at 11:34 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• There are many factors. Tired, Sad, angry, Don't want to do anything, Eat too much, Don't eat at all, Cry all the time, Cry for no reason, Don't want to do anything with hubby, or children, Suicidal, Dwelling bad thoughts, Negativity, Mood swings, anxiety, Sleeplessness, too much sleep, laziness...If you have some of those you definintly could be depressed.
    Anonymous

• If you think you are depressed, please go and talk to your doctor. There are so many symptoms and they are not all mental, it can affect your body also.
    MizzNicole

Answer by MizzNicole at 2:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2008