At my 14 week ultrasound, the baby measured at 16. Have a question on that...

She upped my due date to March 21 and according to that my conception time would be June 28. That is one day after I got off my period. I don't see that happening. Could my baby just measure big and be two weeks ahead on growth? If that's the case is that ok? Just looking for opinions and thanks in advance :)

HippieChick14

Asked by HippieChick14 at 11:31 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well, remember, you can get pregnant on any day of the year, during your period or during your most fertile time. The "most fertile time" is just that, the time when you are MOST fertile. There is never a time when you are completely not fertile.

Yes, your baby could just be growing a little faster. It's not a concern.
    Yes, the ultrasound could be wrong. The are best guesses based on fuzzy images produced from sound waves bounced through you and back again.

They may adjust your due date again as you get further along. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:42 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Ultrasounds are not 100% accurate in measuring the size of a baby. I have seen many woman be told that they are going to have a big baby based on an ultrasound measurement and they ended up with babies that were 6lbs 8oz. are slightly bigger. Even if your doctor moved your due date your baby is still going to come when it is ready. As due date is just an estimate of when your baby might arrive. Even if your baby comes two weeks early it is not going to make a big difference. Most ob consider you full term, I believe at 37 weeks. Two of my children were born at almost 4 weeks early and they did great.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 11:49 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• actually theres only 2 days a month u can get pregnant;i know cuz my dr told me.and yes ur babys probably just measuring big for his age,my babys a week ahead and i still have my same due date.
    Jayzwife

Answer by Jayzwife at 2:36 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• ok let me put it this way...on both my kids the "estimated the size" with my son they told me oh he will be a good 7 lbs i think...he came on the day before my due date and he was 9lbs 1oz and with my daughter they told me she would be about 6lbs...she was 3 weeks early and ended up being 8lbs 3oz....so i really dont trust those ultrasounds...i mean really..i dont when it comes to weight that is.
    honey_b4you

Answer by honey_b4you at 12:07 PM on Oct. 11, 2008