fibromyalgia

i was wondering how many women on here have this. how old they were when they found out. and what were your symptoms?

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 12:30 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Health

• I am going to get checked out by a doctor to see if I have it. My mom has it, and has for years and I seem to have all the same symptoms at she does. I never even thought about having it, until I moved in with my mom for a year and realized that all my complaints were the same as hers.
    Do you have it? How old are you?
    I am 25.
    mamacjohnson

Answer by mamacjohnson at 12:33 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I have a very long time friend who has it and she says somedays she's so sore everywhere she can hardly get out of bed. My sister was just diagnosed and at this point she has generalized pain all over her body. I am wondering if I may be effected by it. I live in chronic pain in my upper body. I stretch everyday and sometimes it hurts so much. I work out 6 days a week too. Some days I don't seem to feel sore when my husband hugs me and sometimes I can hardly stand it.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 12:35 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I was diagnosed at 15. Prior to that I spent years in and out of doctors doing tests and whatnot trying to find out what was wrong. I was always tired, and always in pain. My skin and mussels feel like I have a 2 day old bruise at lot of the time... (I don't know how else to describe it better than that). I have issues with digestion (IBS) as well as insomnia and chronic fatigue. The list of accompanying issues is quite long, but it will vary from person to person as with anything else...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I forgot to add my symptoms: They are achy muscles (mostly my shoulders and back), fatigue, and sometimes nausea. I also am very sensitive all over to touch.
    mamacjohnson

Answer by mamacjohnson at 12:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Ive had fibro for since I was 15 years old. Im 40 now. I hurt all over my body all the time. Muscle aches. The muscles between my shoulders,my lower back,my legs,my arms,sometimes my hands and my feet hurt. Muscle weakness. Burning sensation. Knots in muscles. I get migraines also. Sometimes I cant even have a sheet lie over my body,I ache so much,even when I take my pain meds. I hope I dont sound like a whiney baby,but you asked for symptoms.Stomach pains and bowel issues, too. I am now going through a severe case of acid reflux. I also have CFS,too. I cant have a normal day,like say,go do things a normal person could,because I end up hurting even more so than usual for 3-5 days and having to stay on my couch as soon as I do manage to crawl out of my bed. I stay exhausted and in pain.I had to go on disability about 4 years ago. I have a sister who was just diagnosed with fibro too. It really sucks.
    phall1069

Answer by phall1069 at 1:28 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Another symptom is what they call fibro fog. It is a major problem for me. You can concentrate on things. You forget things and I'll even acknowledge things my DH or DD will tell me and then later I SWEAR I dont remember them mentioning whatever it is they told me. Thats scary! Ive aslo had panic attacks,even while driving,and thats where I was the most comfortable in the world was behind the wheel,with my music going. Now,I cant handle the music up,sometimes I cant handle the music at all. Ah,sensory. Your senses will become very sensitive - to light,noise,scents,everything. I SO wish they could find something to help us who suffer with this God awful condition. :(
    phall1069

Answer by phall1069 at 1:35 PM on Aug. 30, 2010