Is it normal my four month old is not rolling over yet?

He will scoot backwards on his back, and he tries to roll over, just cant seem to get around that arm.

Asked by princess02006 at 12:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's a variance of normal, nothing to worry about. Sounds like he's working on it and getting close though =)

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:38 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• THANKS, that makes me feel a lot better! He goes for his 4 month well baby check up on wednesday and I was nervous!!!!!

Comment by princess02006 (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yes, some kids do it earlier, some kids do it a little later. Mine didn't start doing it much till around 5 months.

Answer by othermom at 12:47 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Totally normal. The average age is 5 months i believe. My friends pedi told her that if they arent rolling by 7 months to have them evaluated to make sure they are just not rolling and something isnt wrong. And if they arent rolling or sitting by 9 months they may need therapy. Her daughter didnt roll till almost 10 months, but she could sit at 8 so she wouldnt worry at all. :)

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:49 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Its totally normal for your baby. Each baby will work at his/her own pace for things like that. Not sure what your sleeping arrangements are but be prepared for some fun nights once he does roll over... our son rolls around his crib now that he can roll over and it wakes him all night!! Cute, but not at 3am :)

Answer by Lisa.Price at 7:14 AM on Aug. 31, 2010