What to get a 2 year old for his birthday?

my son will be turning 2 in december and we have a few idea but i would like some more... his birthday is the 17 and then christmas it right after so we need just a few more ideas.... if you have any that would be great

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 12:39 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• no idea lol. my dd just turned 2, she has an older brother so she had nothing but boy toys lol, so i just told everyone nothing but girl toys and clothes for presents. i don't remember what we got my son when he was 2....hhmm...legos! he had the jumbo legos, so we got him the regular legos...clothes...i don't remember anything else lol sorry, GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:43 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Our sons bday is the 1st of December, so we try to limit the bday presents and do more personal stuff. Like a nice dinner, a fun party with friends and a few small gifts. (when they are younger, they don't care if they get cheap gifts as long as they get to open something!)
    mamacjohnson

Answer by mamacjohnson at 12:44 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Are you looking to get him like educational stuff, or just toys in general? I personally recommend Leap Frog toys. They are very educational, and still fun. I'm not a fan of buying toys just to buy them. My daughter will be 2 in January (17th). We just recently bought her My Pal Violet (there's a green one for boys)... you can program it to spell out your son's name, and it has fun little games to play too.

Here's the link so you can check it out! My Pal Scout

SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 12:45 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• puzzles (my son actually enjoyed the 25 piece cardboard ones as opposed to the peg variety), books, clothes, train track, easel, art stuff (crayons, markers, aint, playdough, stickers), trucks, letter factory movie by leapfrog, the letter magnet that goes on yourfridge by leapfrog
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 12:48 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My son just turned 2 Friday! We bought him a few things, so here's a couple: A Tall " Wheelies cars go driving down different ways & zip up on a car elevator, it came with a "short" DVD, & two cars with people in them. I love this toy , him and his 5 yr old sister have been playing it since it came out of the big ol' box! it was 40.00 Another thing is a 'newer' make of a Mower it's LOUD and sings and teaches while they can mow the whole house,lol and he loves cars so he got allot of hot wheels, matchboxes, he has a car case by hot wheels and he loves it! He'll put the cars in it and take them out, line them up, it's so cute! Oh and a wagon he can load up stuffies and other toys in and pull them around the house.Happy b-day shopping!

Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 12:51 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• We just had our son's 2nd birthday party yesterday. We bought him a step 2 train table, a few Leap Frog items, and a little drum. We bought the Wheelies thing the PP stated but we decided to save it for Christmas. He also received a keyboard, matchbox cars, trains, cars, puzzles, books, and a few other things from family members.
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• We got my daughter a tricycle, a toddler bed, some crayons and coloring books, and some other toys and baby dolls. What does he like?
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 3:41 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Max got a tricycle, swingset(from multiple family members), Play guitar with microphone...He pretends everything is a guitar so it was perfect. He got some clothes, a drum(yay for us) and a wagon. Since he is a summer baby he gets lots of outside toys.
    Liz0808

Answer by Liz0808 at 11:29 PM on Aug. 30, 2010