what to make for HUGE BBQ tomorrow

my husband and I are having a huge BBQ for our family ... Which adds up to 18 adults and 49 kids . everyone is bringing side dishes like salade, coleslaw, potato salade, fruit salade, corn on the cob, and the beverages and we just need to make the dinner! I want to make chicken and ribs , hotdogs for the kids with seaoned grilled potato wedges, but my husband wants to make burgers and steak, hotdogs for the kids with mashpotatos. which one do you perfer my choice or his choice?

Kayge

Asked by Kayge at 12:42 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Yours. Your menu doesn't require cutlery. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:47 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Well, being of an intolerant and stingy mind, I wouldn't vote for hotdogs for the kids at all. I mean, what did the kids ever do to deserve that kind of treatment? Only 'cause I think hotdogs are completely gross and a lower sub-set of frankenfoods than poptarts...

I would prefer to attend a bbq that had a variety of meats to choose from --so I would prefer chicken or pork, pork or beef, or chicken or beef over beef or beef. It's why I prefer your variety to your husband's... For food safety ease, I'd serve ribs and steak, as chicken and burgers under-done can kill people... and if there was going to be any hurry (or 'helpers' cooking), I'd avoid that in the planning stage.

You're going to need a LOT of grill space if you're going to bbq all that and potatoes... but I'd rather have grilled potatoes than mashed.Otoh, if people are bringing salads, you probably need not serve more potatoes...

Any vegetarians coming?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:48 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I would go with chicken, ribs, hotdogs & potato salad!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I dont prefer hotdogs either but its for my brothers kids, he doesnt feed them anything but hotdogs and they said they refuse to eat anything but them so im just making them for them or whoever wants to eat that crap! andm y grandma is weird and only eats hotdogs at BBQ's too, so im not just stuffing them down the kids throats because their kids. its because I was asked to make them. where the other kids and adults would rather eat real meat!
    Kayge

Comment by Kayge (original poster) at 12:55 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• i would avoid the hot dogs... if the kids are hungry they will eat something else... why give into the trend? i'd make chicken and beef... but that's me.
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2010