i am 8 weeks pregnant and sooooooooo tired all the time. i have a 14 month old and don't recall being this tired with my last prenancy. any ideas for energy bursts? i know i cant have caffiene,, and i feel tooo tired to.exercise. please share any advice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've been through 2 pregnancies while caring for a baby and it's rough. My first was 10 months old when I got pregnant with #2 and my second was 10 months old when I got pregnant with #3. It is exhausting. Be sure to drink plenty of water. Dehydration will contribute tot he lethargy. Also, get plenty of protein and iron. Besides that, this first trimester exhaustion is just something you have to push through. I know it's rough, but it's only temporary.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:47 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I was DOG SICK the first trimester of both my pregnancies. Luckily, I had LOTS of help some days. Is there anyone who can take over your 14-month-old in the mornings or afternoons when you are most tired?

Sleep as much as you possibly can.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 12:48 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Why not have some caffeine? Many doctors will ok it in moderation. :-) I think for the most part I've heard most doctors say that one cup of coffee or two cups of coke is ok. :-)
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 12:48 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• About 3 cups of water each 2 hours. During the daytime.

Vitamins from the physicians assistant at your regular appointments ( it has a relaxer hormone or herb in them)

Stretching your arms very slowly in circles or above your neck, and straight up.

Sit on a pillow or blanket on the floor really padded , and touch toes, ( not all the way, but a simple planned stretch.)

Deep breathing, slowly, and meditation !! Hope this helps : )
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 1:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My doctor told me that I could drink only one glass of soda that had caffeine in it a day. He said to limit it to 8-12oz a day. If I don't at least have one glass I get a bad caffeine headache

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 2:38 PM on Aug. 30, 2010