Why doesn't God love you as you are...perfect or not?

If God created you, as a "perfect" human being and also created sin (as God is the creator of ALL things, correct?) why is it that he threatens you for being a sinful human being? If He knows you are NOT going to be perfect because of the sinful nature of his world HE created, why would he ever threaten to send you to a fiery pit of hell for being the human being that he created you to be?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 12:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• He does love you no matter what, and do not let anyone tell you otherwise!

Answer by older at 1:02 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• In response to some of these... This is just my opinion, and it's worth exactly what you're paying for it...

Do you have children? (of course you do, you're on CM) Are they perfect? Chances are, no. My children "sin" - they draw on walls, they do exactly the opposite of what they are expected to do... yet, I love them, and offer them forgiveness. If my children do not abide by the rules, they are punished.

Same for Christians. You are the "children of God". No, people are not perfect. We screw up. But you know what? God loves us anyway, even when we get rebellious and deny his existance or say we hate Him. I remember telling my mom once that I hated her. She still loved me. If my child grows up and chooses to have nothing to do with me, and hates me, will I still love him? Of course.

I hope I made sense... sometimes I dont.. but that's what I get for being a preachers kid.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 1:04 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• He created you, then gave you free will. He does love you unconditionally. Personally, I don't believe in hell.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:57 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• why would god offer forgiveness if he expected you to be perfect?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:57 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• John 3:16
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 12:57 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• God created Adam and Eve and they were perfect. They also were given the gift of free will, and they chose to disobey God. When they did that, all mankind born from then until now was born into the world a sinner. But God provided a way back to Himself through Jesus Christ who died on a cross and paid the penalty for all our sins, past, present, and future. They are covered by His blood. However, we have to learn how to appropriate that. It is not something that automatically just happens. Each individual has the opportunity to choose whether they will accept the payment of their sins through Jesus, or whether they will continue to live in that sinful state. God is not a human being. He is spirit, and it is our spirits which are dead without Him. God loves us as we are, in our sin, but no sin can exist in the presence of God. Therefore, you have to choose how you will live and thus where you will spend eternity.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:30 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• People don't go to hell because of sin alone.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:56 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• he does love us for us, it's the choice of doing the sin he doesn't love. he wants us to choose Him over sin. If we decide to choose to sin instead of live for him, then we aren't worthy to live with him in Heaven.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• God loves us all unconditionally. I love my son, and I don't put conditions on that love. However, if he grows up and decides to be a drug addict, or a million other things, I would not necessarily take him into my home. Does not mean I would not still love him, just that I would not let him live with me.
    The same is true with God, he can love us, and not open his home to us.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:05 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• the Bible says that the Lord chastens those whom he loves...
    when you discipline your kids does it mean you don't love them? no. you discipline them because you DO love them and you want what is best for them
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 1:11 PM on Aug. 30, 2010