I put in an application at an Ann Taylor store and was wondering if..

any of you ladies have worked there or maybe know someone who does...?
I wanted to know in order to work there do you need to wear Ann Taylor clothes? And in the interview is there anything that you know they are going to say or anything I should say that will be helpful to me getting the job. I have never worked any place but a cleaning job and mc donalds so I am really nervous. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• I might dress in the Ann Taylor style and have my hair and make up in clean rich look~maybe a necklace from a line of theirs or a nice copy...more important to be well spoken, clean nails, polished shoes, and maybe a graceful pace to yourself....sweet eye contact (take the submissive role and not too much hard eye contact~but other non verbals can be more strong like posture, leaning forward to the interviewer at times, that smile that says you can own this moment, gladly allow them to hold the door for you and you enter a room first...stuff like that).

and prune away any idea you are not worthy of this position~your last jobs showed you are a hard worker who can focus on detail and public service. You are just want they are searching for!
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:06 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I don't think so.
    I worked at a clothing place and was not required to wear their clothes.
    There was a dress code though.
    Good luck!
    CrazedMomof2

Answer by CrazedMomof2 at 12:58 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I used to work @ " Ann Taylor " about 8 yrs ago. *&* No you don't have to waer their clothes but you do need to look like you do, if you know what I mean.' & be a 'team' player & a smiling till it hurts people person..lol." Smile allot, and make eye contact, be polite.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 12:58 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I don't think you'll be required to wear their clothes, but like pp said, I'm sure there will be a dress code to look like the clothes are Ann Taylor. Also as Stefono said, talk about being a team player, liking to work with people, working with customers and management to come to solutions when conflicts arise. Any information you can gather about the company is always a plus.
    MagnoliaQueen

Answer by MagnoliaQueen at 1:08 PM on Aug. 30, 2010