how do I get dye out of carpet?

I made red white and blue cupcakes over the 4th and the kiddos sure enough got icing on the carpet?

yldflwr

Asked by yldflwr at 12:57 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Resolve carpet foam will get out just about anything that is capable of coming out. Did you just find it or are you just getting around to cleaning it? That is a long time for a stain to sdet. It may not come out. :(
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 1:04 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I keep 2 products around the house fofr just about any stain...Pinesol & Goop. I had a friend who spilled wood stain on a brand new white winter coat. Long story, but happy ending. I treated each stain with Pinesol using a tooth brush. Then, washed it in cold water. I had to do it 3 times. But, the coat looked like it had never had wood stain spilled on it. As for Goop...it is great for greasy-type stains. Since icing tends to have either butter or sortening in it, it may help break up the stain. Again, I'd use a tooth brush.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 1:10 PM on Aug. 30, 2010