Any mom here who suffers from thyroid disease.

How do you cope with when you have 2 not 1 illness that affects your life on a daily basis

mom2candy

Asked by mom2candy at 11:43 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Health

• I'm not sure what you mean by 2 illnesses but I had thyroid cancer about two years ago. I had my thyroid removed and now I take Synthroid everyday. I feel extra tired ever since I started having problems with it and I still haven't lost my thyroid weight and my baby weight. It sucks!!! I just know that it could have always been worse, so I'm very thankful. Feel free to email me.
    Michelle
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 12:12 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I was diagnosed 8 weeks ago with underactive thyroid. My hair was falling out and i gained like 60 lbs in a couple of months. I am now taking levothyroxin to help balance it out.
    Anonymous

• I have thyroid problems, as well. I also take Synthroid everyday. It helps regulate my sleep patterns and keep my energy up. When my thyroid is running low, though, I am usually underweight for no reason. I do have another autoimmune disorder that is related to it, and I just take things day by day. Most people don't even know I have any problems at all. Just the people close to me know what I deal with. Good luck. I don't know what kind of answers you are looking for, but I hope I have helped you somewhat.
    JoyceD

Answer by JoyceD at 7:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I was diagnosed with Hoshimotos (under active thyroid autoimmune disorder) just over a year ago. I was on t3/t4 capsules from my naturalpath but then switched to Thyrolar a few months ago. It has done wonders for me. I was soooooooo lethargic, had muscle aches, depression, strange sensations in my head, sleeping problems, etc. I also had a complete hysterectomy last spring at age 35. The hormone imbalance effected my thyroid as well. I hope you are able to get some relief.
    KylesMom02

Answer by KylesMom02 at 11:39 PM on Oct. 21, 2008