Halloween

So I'm all the way in Germany so I need to start shopping soon for my girls now so they will be here on time. My girls are 3 and 18 months and I want to get them something that goes together some what. I was thinking like a cupcake and a sundae or something but they costumes were way to expensive and I'm not the crafty type. Any ideas ladies will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

lovie04256

Asked by lovie04256 at 1:11 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Holidays

• Princess & Queen, Cat & Dog, Cat & mouse. Batgirl, Wonder woman...Spider & web, Rock Star & Groupie... Cow & Moon......
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 1:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I once dressed my twin boys as M&Ms. One was green & the other was red. They were actually very easy to make. I just cut 4 huge circles for each costume, along with some quilt batting. Sewed 2 circles together with batting inside for each, the front and the back. I sewed on some little stripps for shoulder straps. Then I made 4 Ms out of white felt & glued one on the front and back of each costume with fabric glue. I worded for a major airline at the time. I had to work so my ex-husband brought them to the airport to see me. They were the hit of the whole airport. People all over were taking out cameras and taking pics! LOL
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 1:16 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• that would be cute! What do Germans do on Halloween? How do you say trick or treat in German? The cute set of kids I saw last year were "where the wild things" are Max in a wagon with one of the monsters pulling it~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:16 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• ***worked, not worded...sorry for the typo.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 1:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Well my husband is in the Army and so we are stationed here. I'm not sure how German Halloween is but they do do something on the post for the kids or so I've heard.

lovie04256

Comment by lovie04256 (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• See if you can buy costumes off of JoAnn Fabric's website. There was an ad in Sunday's paper for children's costumes starting at $3.99.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 6:21 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• most bases still do Halloween. . . German's celebrate it all a slight different way though. . . *I am German* Mostly there is a lot of traditional town and village celebrations and fests that go on (mostly all year) the fall ones are the best! :) GL You could embrace German Culture and have them go in Dirndls that is always cute with braids :) again GL
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 1:17 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• how abt searching sites such as ebay for them they may be cheaper?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:22 AM on Sep. 4, 2010