What is your laundry routine? How many people in your family?

right now its just my husband and I... I do laundry once a week (about 3 loads)... I know once the baby comes that will obviously change.

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 1:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Me, My SO, two daughters.. We do laundry either every day or every other day.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:18 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• we all do our own dirty clothes.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 1:18 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• We're a family of 4. I try to do one or two loads a night.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 1:19 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Throw laundry in the washer when I feel like it. Sometimes I sort and do jeans and towels in their own load since they take longer to dry. Sometimes I don't sort at all. Our clothes are from yard sales or thrift shops. If they don't look good coming out of the dryer I get rid of them. I don't iron.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:20 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• We are a family of 5 and I try to do laundry every second that i am home. It works out to about 3 load of laundry a day. My hubby is a huge producer of dirty laundry. Between working out every day, a uniform and then something to wear at home. Then the three little girls are not far behind him.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:21 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• no shit? I do 4 to 5 loads a day....fold all at once on my bed and put in baskets for my DD to put in drawers. I have 3 special needs kids (two with Gtubes and liquid diets~copious pee).

But...I just got the 5.3 giant top loader front Sears and the matching (ugly dryer,,but its 7. something). Cleans so much better than my 4 year old front loader set and I'm down from 6 to 8 loads a day....same about of folding though~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• We have 2 adults, 3 kids and one in cloth diapers. I do at least a load or 2 every night because it is easier on the electric bill. If Iknow it is going to be nice the next day, I set my washer before I go to bed to begin washing at 5 am. Then, I put the clothes on the line to dry when I wake up!
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 1:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I have a family of 5 but only do laundry for 4 (mom does her own) I did have "laundry day" but kept getting piled up and discouraged, so I switched to one hamper. When it's full I do a load. About every 3 days. Works well for me, it doesn't pile up like it used to. I do not sort or iron. It helps that I have a large capacity front loader though
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:23 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• We just went from a family of 3 to a family of 4. When we were a family of 3 i did wash like 3x a week but know that my 13 yrs step-son moved in i have been doing wash like 4-5x a week. He has his outfits that he has to look as he says "FRESH" :~) teens they are just so funny. All i have to say is Thank goodness he isn't a girl :~)
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 1:25 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Wow Gaiiil. no effort on your part huh?

I do about 2 to 3 loads a day. Family of 4. But I like to keep things very clean. I wash bedsheets a lot, blankets on the couch, things like that too so that adds too. I just like things to smell really good and fresh :)

I dont mind putting in a bit of effort to keep things nice.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2010