Have you ever painted a mural?

My Husband and I are going to work on one this week for our baby girl's room :)

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 1:18 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• WOW! Very creative! I love it. How did you pick the tree type/pattern? I'm contemplating doing a western/mountain view for my son's room once we move, but I'm nervous about it. Am I creative enough? Am I biting off more than I can chew? Will it turn out ok? What if I hate it? Just paint over it, I guess. lol I have more questions than answers. Sorry!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 1:53 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Are you kidding, someone would pay me not to paint a mural.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:19 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yes, several. I love it!

What theme have you chosen?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:25 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I wish I was talented enough to make one but I am not.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Nope, I am not that artistic, lol. However, it would be fun, and I'd definitely pay someone to paint on in my son's room!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:29 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• we are going to paint a big tree on the wall to arch over her crib... maybe paint an owl in the trunk or something.
    I made her name with chipboard letters (covered in fabric to match her bedding) to "hang" from one of the branches of the tree :)
    I also made a mobile with little stuffed birds and owls to go with the theme
    elizabiza

Comment by elizabiza (original poster) at 1:27 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I went to google images and typed in tree murals and then found a handful that I liked for inspiration and my husband is going to sketch it out onto the wall, then we'll both work on painting (I bought No VOC paint so its safe haha)...
    if you're nervous about it pick something simpler to start with... to boost your confidence... if you hate it you can always paint over it!
    elizabiza

Comment by elizabiza (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Aug. 30, 2010