How often do you have people over to your house?

Do you ever entertain? It seems to be a rare thing these days. We like to have someone over (besides family) at least once a month but we rarely receive invitations to other's homes. It makes me wonder if other people just don't have dinner guests anymore... like its an outdated thing or something?

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 1:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Entertainment

• we do once or twice a month... actually planning a "sushi party" in a few weeks with the work mates. They'll all get to learn how to make their own sushi :)

We have over night guests an average of every 4-6 weeks. We live 30 minutes from most of the major beaches near charleston, so everyone likes to use us as a way station.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:24 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• If we had more space, I would definitely have more dinner parties. As it is we live in a pretty small townhouse so we just don't have the space to have people over. Once we (eventually!) move into a bigger home, I hope to have people over for dinner pretty regularly. I love entertaining!
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 1:24 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Usually we do about twice a month or a little more.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• We see friends or family here or at their houses maybe twice a month, seems like almost every weekend in the summer, and of course December fills up with Chirstmas and New Years. The rest of the year we have family and friend birthday parties sprinkled around, and of course the rest of the holidays we usually see family.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:27 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My parents and grandma comes down to our house like once a month other then that we don't have anyone over here.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 1:31 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• It has always been in my family (Growing up and with my own family) that we are the ones invited to other people's houses, but when we offer to have guests over they always decline. Either that or try to get us to come to their house instead. That goes for family too, because rarely does family come and visit our house, we are always invited to visit their home. It irritates my mom and I to no end, because we have nice homes and can provide the same kind of comfort/entertainment they can at theirs. - I would love to have dinner parties, Cookouts, and the-like, but it always seems an inconvience for people to come over. Oh well.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:43 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I have people over as much as I can....whenever someone is up for dinner at my place, or just want to come over and game or visit...:)
    JanetCG

Answer by JanetCG at 1:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• At least once a month we have a few couples over for dinner and drinks.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:05 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Never. When we lived with my dad I couldn't invite people over because of the state of the house (it was only half finished) and because my dad didn't like people in the house. Now that we've moved I don't know anyone around here and we have no furniture. Then again I have no interest in entertaining people. If I make friends they are welcome to stop over and hang out or we might throw a BBQ or something but that's it.
    I'm inviting my brother and his girlfriend for Thanksgiving but I doubt they come.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:33 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Not so much now that we're seniors. Mostly my DD and her kids, my son has a bug up his a _ _ RIGHT NOW! Some times my brother & his wife we take turns, a lot of friends seemed to be afraid to be around us after our DD was killed. Sad isn't it, just when you thought you could use them the most, poof?
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 2:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2010