how many years should there be between each child

meagan2425

Asked by meagan2425 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• There is no "best" answer.
    Some kids who are close in age grow up best friends, others grow up worst enemies.
    Some kids who are far apart have fun together, others have little to nothing to do with each other.

All you can do is decide what YOU can handle and cross your fingers.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:53 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i like 2 1/2 years thats just me
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 11:57 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• society today makes it seem like we should have them a couple years apart, but in my opinion is if you want a larg familly than closer together is good, also if you are thinking about having another one you should.
    MessyMe

Answer by MessyMe at 12:03 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Well I've read that 4 is better, it give's your body time to heal and your older child to be more independent..
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 12:04 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• i think it's all about what feels right for you and your family!
    nikkib4407

Answer by nikkib4407 at 12:07 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• My oldest "son" and middle "daughter" are 18 months apart we had some problems with my son when she was born. I did not know and was not prepared for it. My middle and youngest "Daughter" are 15 months apart. My middle daughter is very protective of her sissy and takes very good care of her. My son does alot better with his sister now though.
    GFXMommy

Answer by GFXMommy at 12:18 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• As many months/years as you are comfortable with. My oldest is 3 years older than my 2nd and she will be 14 months older than my 3rd.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:15 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Think about how it will effect your family when they get to high school and college....When they get older having them graduate every year or every other year gets expensive....3 years apart in school really helps when it comes to high school and college expenses.....remember to think about that and write it out on paper and then make your decision...
    also please do not start your little ones too early in kindergarten, again you need to think about how it will effect them when they are the youngest in their class and can't do the same things as the other kids.....I have a senior who is still 16 and won't be 17 until Halloween and it has been a struggle for her as far as dating and driving....it is ok for your child to be the smartest kid in the class because they are a little older...
    malam

Answer by malam at 2:58 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• My husband and I have 6 children. Our oldest daughter is 20 months older than her brother, then there is a 7 year gap. Then, our next daughter is exactly 24 months or 2 years (minus 3 days) older than her sister, and then there is a 3 year gap. Next is our son who is 21 months older than his brother. In my opinion, I think it also depends on how the children are raised. Our children have their differences with their siblings no matter the age difference, but we encourage them to work it out and to love each other. I think if they are raised to be close and to love each other even with differences, then that is how they will grow up to be. After all, I am the second of 6 children myself so I can relate!
    manyblessings

Answer by manyblessings at 4:27 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I think the best thing is to have another child when you are ready to as a parent. Being prepared yourself is the best gift you can give a new child.
    lara33

Answer by lara33 at 8:08 AM on Oct. 11, 2008