would you throw away a whole loaf of bread because it had one moldy piece in it?

I almost fainted when I saw my friend do that the other day... I didn't say anything because its her grocery bill not mine, but does that seem like waste to anyone else but me?
At least feed some ducks hahaaha

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 1:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Yes! Well I wouldn't eat it but I wouldn't mind feeding it to the ducks though :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 1:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• yes,I would throw it out. It tastes icky!!!! It tastes like the mold and smells bad!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• no, but generally it doesn't get moldy until it's at least 3/4 gone anyways. I just go through and get rid of any pieces with mold on them. But I get the $0.99 bread so it wouldn't break my budget if I did need to throw out a whole loaf
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I would, unless there were ducks around. I'm just like that, though. I get grossed out easily, and even with the ducks, I'd pick off any moldy pieces first, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• yeah i wouldn't throw out the rest of the loaf because chances are u will be just fine if u eat it just throw out the bad piece that makes perfect sense to me
    nandy90

Answer by nandy90 at 1:38 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yes I would. I figure that at least some mold forms before you can see it, so if there is one moldy piece then it is all moldy.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:38 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yeah, I would throw the whole loaf away (or feed it to some ducks). The thing is, I remember hearing in Science class that by the time you see the mold on bread, it has already spread through all the bread, lol. So, yeah to me to eat some of the other bread would be the same as eating the moldy piece, lol.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:39 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• mm... i prob wouldnt, but I keep mine in the freezer and fridge, so I dont get moldy bread very often
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:39 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I would throw away the whole loaf since there is mold spores in the bag that are on all the pieces... just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:39 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• If money was a problem I would just toss the moldy pieces and I would eat the rest as toast or cooked some other way. I wouldn't feed it to a child.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:39 PM on Aug. 30, 2010