How many of you have a outgrown from severe food allergies and how did you do to help them outgrow?

lesjoiesdemaman

Asked by lesjoiesdemaman at 1:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes to dairy and I have no idea how I did it. I just avoided it for years and years then I started introducing it back into my diet and sure enough I was okay with consuming it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:39 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• throughout childhood I got allergy shots and i guess I just outgrew almost everything. I still have bad allergic reactions to mold
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:39 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Thank you. I needed some hope. My 21 months old is allergic to Milk, Eggs and Peanuts and I'm really hopeful that he will outgrow from them....sigh.
    lesjoiesdemaman

Comment by lesjoiesdemaman (original poster) at 1:46 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• According to my allergist, the only food allergies anyone can outgrow are dairy, wheat, and eggs. You absolutely have to avoid all forms of the food and sometimes after 25 years they can outgrow the allergy. My cousin outgrew her allergy to eggs, dairy, and chocolate around 28 years old (confirmed with allergy testing, not a guess), but she is still severely allergic to peanuts and fish. Your child will not outgrow the peanut allergy. You will always have to be careful with that.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:38 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I'll give you a bump. My 18 month old is allergic to dairy and soy.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 3:20 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My mom is allergic to eggs and peanuts.. I have a great eggless chocolate cake receipe and my son can't have milk and I found these cookies with a picture or arthur on the box that are dairy gluten egg and milk free - and delicious...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:20 PM on Aug. 30, 2010