What are some must-see or must-do things in Washington state?

I have been to Washington twice, and may get to go again next summer. I have been to the Columbia River Gorge, Mount St. Helens, Mt. Rainier (Paradise), and Seattle. DH and I like to spend most of our time on vacation outdoors and we like short hikes (a few miles). What are some other great places in the state to visit?

andrea96

Asked by andrea96 at 1:39 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Travel

• Hoh Rain Forest, Hurrican Ridge, Port Townsend, Long Beach, Ilwaco State Park, Leavenworth, Fort Worden and Fort Flagler, Grand Dam, Ginko Petrified Forest, Cape Flattery, Deception Pass, Crescent Lake

Any or all of the above are amazing. I am sure there is a ton more.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:42 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Rattle Snake Lake /Ridge in North Bend.... the lake is the clearist lake I've ever seen and there is 2 different ridges to hike to.... One that is only a few hrs long and the other is an all day thing, but the view is amazing....
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:42 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Oh yes and Ocean Shores!!!! Leavenworth is beautiful.....
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:43 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Just walking in Seattle is a hike - I suggest a quick side trip to the top of the Space Needle (on a clear day - you can see forever).
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:03 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• San Juan Islands- Love the ferry and Victoria ,BC
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:13 AM on Sep. 2, 2010