Why the picturs during school drop off?

In my town there is a private catholic school across the street from the abortion clinic. I am not against the protestors they have every right to be there, but I just wonder why they have to use th really disgusting horrible pictures when the kids are being dropped off. I have seen them use pictures that are ultra sound types so I know they have ones that are not so grusome. The school is prek-6th grade. I thought about taking my kids there but could not do it for that reason. I am pro choice so I know I don't see a lot of why they do what they do so can some one explain to me why they use the bad pictures when young kids are being dropped off at the school across the street?

Alanaplus3

Asked by Alanaplus3 at 1:41 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Religious Debate

• many young children understand that a baby in a womans tummy is a baby, abortion is the ending of that babies life so it could be explained abortion is the murder of the baby in the tummy.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 11:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I'm sure lots of people have complained. Hopefully they will be removed.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 1:45 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I am so sorry that they are doing that...so irresponsible to expose little kids to that. I have read about the posters of pictures of abortions...babies being killed,etc. They are a violent and crude group of people who think it will help to display their graphic posters that way. Just so inappropriate and insensitive. If they really cared, they would make reproductive education and birth control information available to kids to PREVENT unplanned pregnancies. But....no,they don't approve of that kind of education,the prudes. Ugh,it makes me so angry.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:59 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• They really shouldn't be that close to schools IMO. Both the protesters and the clinic should respect a boundary of school zones.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:12 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Why during drop off, is because the ADULTS are there to see the pics. Not appropriate, but it's the adults they want it to affect. The fact that kids are there with the adult is just an unfortunate circumstance.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:38 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I think it has something, too, to do with making an impression on the children. Those images must be awful for the children, which would imprint on them a very negative connotation and opinion of abortion, since they will learn to associate abortion with those images....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Scare tactits and guilt is what they are trying to achieve.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:33 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Because they are trying to show the horrible reality that is infanticide. Yes it's nightmarish and yes I think the younger ones should be spared but the older ones can deal imho. People in general still don't understand that it's a baby they think it's just a blob of cells and tissue and has no real purpose till it comes out and takes it's first breath, then its a baby. So maybe if we show the kids that yes it is a human child that was torn apart look see? Maybe we will have less non medical abortions. Heaven is going to have so many babies, and bless them for not having to suffer in this world and praise God for having mercy and taking them to his home. Jesus wants us even when our own parents don't
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 7:16 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Why do the 5 yr olds need to see it? 6th grade is 11 yr olds. This is not an age range you see alot of kids having abortions in. So if they are not the ones having abortions why do you feel the need to make them find out about this stuff?
    Alanaplus3

Comment by Alanaplus3 (original poster) at 7:58 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• so that they know it's a human life and that it's a disgusting act of violence against an innocent person. They should grow up knowing this is a human dying and not a mass of tissue and cells. Yes it's scary yes it's disgusting but obviously adults can't seem to get that so start em young.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:35 PM on Aug. 31, 2010