would my parents rather i stay home with my fussy baby??

i like to go to my mom and dads in the evening and cook dinner for everyone, the problem is, i have a 6 week old now and she gets a little fussy in the evenings. it seems like everytime i try to go over there my mom and dad and sis have to try to keep the baby happy while i cook dinner...they love my child like crazy! they always say thanks for bringing her...BUT do you think sometimes they get tired of me bringing over my fussy child and wish i would just stay home?

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 1:43 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am SURE they want you to come over! I thought this same thing.. my dd was super colicy and fussy for the first 4 months!! My parents begged me to come over when I told them I couldnt because DD was fussy. So you're probably just where they want you to be! :)
    kansan-moma

Answer by kansan-moma at 4:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I would just ask them. I have learned in these situations in life that I can worry myself sick about the possibilities or I can be upfront and just ask and get it over with.

If you don't want to ask outright, just say..." I think I will stay home tomorrow night because I am afraid the baby is going to drive you insane with her fussing." If they don't object then they are tired of the crying, if the balk at the idea of you staying home, then they are not put off by the crying.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:46 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• if they aren't dropping hints that you need to stay at home and get some rest once in a while then you're probably fine haha. i like sleepingbeautee's idea... suggest that you stay home because of the baby and see how they react.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 1:55 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Why aren't they cooking you dinner? haha! I wouldn't be doing extra work just 6 weeks PP if I had the choice!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:06 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• im a single mom and it is silly for me to cook a meal here just for me but i LOVE to cook. also, my Dad is not well but he is still working so when he gets home he does not feel like cooking. my sis and nephew live there and my g-ma is next door so a lot of nights it is all 6 or 7 of us eating and SOMEONE has to do it!! plus its a nice break for me where i can do things and have the baby be occupied but not have to LEAVE my baby.
    mamagee1218

Comment by mamagee1218 (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• If they were having problems, they'd be dropping hints as to how to stop the fussing.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:55 PM on Aug. 30, 2010