can a urine store bought pregnancy test be wrong?

I used my first pee of the day and tested this morning and it came back negative but i still believe i could be pregnant because my boobs are still hurting really bad and my period isn't due for awhile still

nandy90

Asked by nandy90 at 1:43 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• it's possible to have a false negative. give it a few more days until you've missed your period and test again
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 1:44 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• how far along do u need to be for u to get a correct result
    nandy90

Comment by nandy90 (original poster) at 1:46 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• There is a small chance (less than 1%) of the test being wrong if it is done at the right time, your urine isn't too dilute, and it is read correctly. One in four women do it wrong or read it wrong. I would trust a test more than sore boobs (can have other causes). If your period isn't due for awhile it may be too early for the test.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:47 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• ok thanks maybe i am just being paranoid because i bought one of the digital ones so i know i didnt read it wrong
    nandy90

Comment by nandy90 (original poster) at 1:49 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• They are only wrong if they say you aren't....lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:53 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• yeah i would have to agree with that lol when i was in high school my boyfriend and i lost a baby and when we were 18 (2 yrs later) we tried getting pregnant again but didnt have any success and now me and the new bf rele want a family
    nandy90

Comment by nandy90 (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• if your period isnt close then id say its too early to test...wait a couple days and do it again...its normal or your boobs to be sore because your period is coming so it could just be that but maybe thats not normal for you...i was having strange sensations in my nipples when i forst got preg...thats why i got a test...that was not normal for me...
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 2:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• If your period is not due for a while, it is very possible that it is too early to test. When is AF due? When did you ovulate?
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 2:40 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Too early to test if your period isn't due for a couple of weeks or so. Sore breasts could also be pms symptoms? Is this a sign that your period is coming? For me, I missed my period and also noticed sore nipples and breasts which made me take the test, which ended up being positive. Good luck to you!
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 5:52 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• yes it is normal for me to have sore boobs before pms but i have had these sore boobs and off and on all day sickness for about 7 weeks so needless to say i am a little worried that the test came back negative espically since my last period was way lighter and shorter than it normally is and i have a pretty normal period for about 2 yrs now so i know what is normal and what isn't so my last one i know was not normal
    nandy90

Comment by nandy90 (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Aug. 30, 2010