Serious Curiousity.

I have no speakers so audio and video will not help.

What was the restoring honor rally about? In depth details, not just the fallen soldiers,. What matters were address? Immigration, health care bill, the mosque,(not saying these were) What?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It was mostly faith based not political based. Unfortunatley the media is downplaying it.
    I am trying to find a written transcript but I am not sure there will be one. Sometimes Cspan will repeat things so I suggest you look up Cspan to see of they have a showing on your tv.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:00 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Wait...So after BASHING Glenn Beck and everyone here who either attended or supported the rally yesterday...NOW you want the facts and details of the rally?!? Pfft!! Talk about shooting first, and asking questions later!!! *sigh*
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:23 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Exactly lorikeet

JEEZ
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:06 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• LOL, Lori, I was just thinking the same thing. Especially considering the questions posted by OP such as:

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/510576/Restoring_morals_and_honor_Or_a_mass_poor_attempt_conversion_The_truth_behind_the_guise

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/510563/If_Glen_beck_isnt_a_psycho_and_is_for_honor_how_do_you_explain_these_The_reason_I_cant_stand_GB

Looks more and more like drama bait.  Hope you catch what you are looking for, OP.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:07 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

•  

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:35 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• How stupid. You spent all day yesterday bashing it and now ask what it was about? Well there is another major credibility fail.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:19 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/truth-be-told/2010/aug/30/rally-honor-hope-faith-charity/

Sorry I don't know how to do the clicky version but you can copy and paste. The numbers in attendence is apparently in question but this is a pretty good article.

I share the skeptism of some of the others to be honest. If I'm taking the bait then I'll live with it.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 6:19 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• What was the restoring honor rally about? In depth details, not just the fallen soldiers,. What matters were address? Immigration, health care bill, the mosque,(not saying these were) What?

None of these. Just the fund raiser for the families of fallen special operations, medals given for being a superlative representation of Faith, Hope, and Charity, a returning to values such as honor, integrity, compassion for your fellow man, returning to your faith (whatever it may be), and putting family first. There were no political speaches, no bashing of representatives or PBO, and no mention of illegal immigration. It is hard for some to believe, but it was a giant tent revival without the tent. PBO was not mentioned except in the closing prayer. He prayed for our pres to be guided. That is it. I was there. I am so very glad we went.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:40 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I only listened to the portion where Alveda King spoke. No political issues were mentioned- the rally was meant to be a-political, from what I understand. There are some reports on cnn, and others.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:50 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Try turning into the Glenn Beck show- he was a speaker there.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:01 PM on Aug. 30, 2010