How do you keep up with housework?

I am working on 27 weeks pregnant, and really really just have no energy, and my house is really starting to reflect that... how do you guys keep up with it?

SusieQue717

Asked by SusieQue717 at 1:48 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• www.flylady.net ~ helped me out :)
    faithnseansmama

Answer by faithnseansmama at 2:11 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My boyfriend is a very tidy person, haha lucky me!! he have even cooked, and done the dishes afterwards. He loves to vaccum and wipe everything down...Crazy! but its been so nice...he even scrubs down the toilets and floors :)
    JanetCG

Answer by JanetCG at 1:50 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• doing a little bit every day is much easier than trying to catch it all up at once later.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:49 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Vitamin B12 is what gives us energy. You can't take it as a pill while pregnant, but you can still drink/eat things with it in them. Go get some yummy energy giving snacks!
    Also, if you can manage to just lay down on the couch for 30 minutes, it'll help a lot!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 1:52 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• i just do what I can when i can... and when someone offers to help I let them. My MIL offered to come and clean my oven for me so I wouldn't have to be around the easy off fumes and I accepted.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 1:49 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I don't do it on my own or my family is going to have to accept living in a halfway clean house cuz if i'm doing it all by myself I'm going to only do the most vital areas (bathroom and kitchen) and do "the best I can when I get to it" everywhere else. That being said, I get help and the whole family pulls there weight around here. Its 2010, its not "Mom's" work anymore, its the Family's work. We all live here, we all make a mess, we can all clean it up together.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 1:51 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Go on automatic pilot and just keep doing it.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 1:53 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• These days..V-E-R-Y S-LO-W-L-Y, lol.
    I'm 37 weeks and 4 days.
    THe housework gets done but at a slow pace.I am so exhausted anymore, I feel like I could just sleep for 48 hours straight, wake up eat for an hour then go back to sleep,lol.
    But in reality..no matter what I feel like...life goes on around me and this stuff has to get done.I work at a slow but steady pace all dat. I try not to sit in one spot for too long because then I won't want to get up,lol.I also got on my 10 yr old and my dh to help out with harder tasks such as running up and down the basement stairs to do laundry..they do it, I fold it, they carry the baskets upstairs.Even my 18 month old has been putting away her washrags in her washrag drawer in the bathroom and putting her socks in her sock basket,lol. She seems to be the only one that likes the extra work though, lol.
    Hang in there...you'll get some energy soon. :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• lucky lady @ Zoeyis
    I don't work anymore, and am expected to keep the house spotless, and the food ready and on the table by the time he gets home... kinda went back in time over here... lol, have a feeling we are going to have to fight this one out...
    SusieQue717

Comment by SusieQue717 (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Doing housework at even 40 weeks pregnant was a whole lot easier than doing housework with two monsters running around, lol. Just do a bit each day and by all means, get DH to help! Now is the time, you've got the pregnancy card, USE IT! My Dh would have a fit if he saw me carrying a vacume upstairs or standing on a step stool or whatever. I miss those days!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:57 PM on Aug. 30, 2010