why do I pee when I sneeze?

wheresdanielle

Asked by wheresdanielle at 10:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Your bladder muscles are weaker when you're pregnant, and just after you've had a baby. Your body's natural response is to tighten muscles when you sneeze. Since it can't entirely tighten the ones that control bladder function, you pee. I HATED that part of being pregnant. Sad thing is, my youngest is 4 1/2 months old and I'm STILL doing it. LOL Guess my bladder control just hasn't come back yet.
    tinandril

Answer by tinandril at 10:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• idk it happened 2 me when i was pregnant
    Stephanie2107

Answer by Stephanie2107 at 10:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Sometimes bladder control never fully returns after pregnancy. My youngest is 4 and I still have to cross my legs when I sneeze, just in case!
    Tracy67

Answer by Tracy67 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• They say to do those exercises and it may help with that kind of problem. where you tighten the muscles down by your privates, it is suppose to strenghthen them.
    ilovemybananer

Answer by ilovemybananer at 10:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I am not pregnant now but I still pee when I sneeze. When I was pregnant though I would pee when I puked.
    wintersmommy06

Answer by wintersmommy06 at 11:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2008