My youngest son is 2 years old. When I go and change a poopy diaper he screams, lifts his butt up and grabs his butt. He has no diaper rash or anything. What does this mean? Should I be concerned or is it a faze? My oldest son never did this.

rbade

Asked by rbade at 3:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• faze
    Jocys_mommy

Answer by Jocys_mommy at 4:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• It is definitely a phase. mY son is 2 1/2 and does the same thing or he just cries when I change him... It drives me nuts cuz i'm trying to avoid getting his "dirties" everywhere... I'm seeing if this is a sign that he wants to start using his potty seat now
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 7:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• well is it hard poop or normal? he might be in pain? or the wipes ur using maybe its to strong?
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 12:36 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• My 2 year old does the same thing... I am hoping it is just a phase... we also started getting him to sit on the potty and yesterday he took his diaper off and peed on top of the potty... not in it... on top of it... but hey its a start right lol so perhaps it is something boys go through when they are getting ready for potty training.
    Elizabeth2384

Answer by Elizabeth2384 at 2:32 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• is his poop normal? cause if it is, it MAY be a phase...if it isn't he may have difficulty pooping, or he may just have sensitive skin. :)
    AbbysMom059

Answer by AbbysMom059 at 9:12 AM on Jul. 2, 2008