Do you believe the things said in The Bible? Why or Why not?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 2:01 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, I don't believe ANY of it. It is a book of jewish mythology combined with a book of christian fairytales. It so often contradicts itself and is full of errors. I can't believe that so many modern people take it so seriously. We ought to have grown past such superstitious nonesense long ago. But I guess there are still enough weak-minded people in the world to be influenced by this kind of crap.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 2:34 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• The bible is a mix of Myth, Fable and History. Many portions have actually been proven to have happened historically... However, as with any book of myth it's not all true. So to answer your question - Yes I believe SOME of it, and NO, I don't believe ALL of it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:06 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• No more than I believe what's in Homer or The Odyssey. Its just a book of tales, partly meant to encourage a certain way of life, not to be taken literally. But people took it a bit...far.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 2:05 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Not everything. I think most of it is a scare tactic to get people to join a fellowship.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 2:07 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I guess I am the only one to say yes to believing in the Bible. I believe that what is in the Bible can be applied to today's world. There is so much that points to the truth of what is in there. Look at the alternative of where life is headed without God in it.
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Nope. What the bible contains is nothing more than myths and stories meant to entertain, or teach lessons just like every other religion before it. It would be like me believing Aesop's fables were real.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 2:16 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• No, not all. The Bible has been written down and translated by man for two millenia. No one knows what errors in translation made have been made intentionally or unintentionally over that time, so it's entirely possible that what we see now is not the original intent of the material. I much prefer people to do good works and live good lives because their hearts or conscience deems it so.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Just for consideration about Mary, all they had to do was dry hump, him ejaculate on her and bam! Prego virgin with hymen intact, in fact it would be check-able too. It can happen easier than most people think.

But as to the bible, no I don't believe in it as a book to take on faith. It does have it's spots of wisdom and it has some fantastical spots of pure fiction. It's all myth that teaches a story and a moral. But I don't believe the bible is the word of God. Works of man, edited by man, but not of God.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 2:21 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Not all of it and I don't think that someone has to follow the Bible to believe in God or go to Heaven.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:03 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• some things i believe were more appropriate for the time the bible was written like stone ur daughter if she lays in bed with a man before she is married and also the whole gay marriage thing making the world come to an end is a lil bit ridiculous if u ask me god makes everyone even gay people and so why would he create someone just to have them go to hell for who they become
    nandy90

Answer by nandy90 at 2:04 PM on Aug. 30, 2010