Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does any of you know anything about Medicare paying an stna(state tested nursing assistant) to take care of someone in a home health care setting?

I know there is a website I can register on but I can't find it to save my life.
My moms fiance's mother needs home health care a few hours a day so that her son can go to work. I am qualified, I just need to register. I had the site a few years ago but I can't find it now.
Does any of you know anything about it?


Asked by kimberlyinberea at 2:01 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 29 (39,262 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • Was it a state run program or a federal run program? You want to do a variety of keyword searches until you find what you're looking for. By the way, I'm thinking that Medicare probably doesn't pay you directly, you probably have to work for an agency and Medicare pays the agency. That's how it's worked every time my parents have done research on assistance for my grandparents.

    Answer by HotMama330 at 2:28 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

  • I am pretty sure that Medicaid not Medicare does this.

    Answer by older at 2:02 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

  • Yep, belive it or not..medicare does pay for this kind of service. Its cheaper for them to pay someone to come to a persons hom eto care for them for a few hours than it is to pay for them to be in round the clock nursing home.As long as the person is still able to be at home..but just needs help with personal things such as bathing, dressing,in home occupational/rehabilitation therapy etc...
    I was going to do this a couple years ago but then we had another baby :)
    I just can't find the website now...they have so many and I think some are fake or something. I'm waiting for a case worker to call me back now.

    Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Aug. 30, 2010