I'm making split/fried hotdogs for dinner tonight (by request,lol) and wondering what kind of toppings you guys put out for them?

Theres a gazillion and one ways to make hotdogs and I find it interesting to know what other people use. We like to try new stuff :)
Any ideas?
Thanks! :)

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 2:05 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• One time I made glorified hot dogs. We split hot dogs down the middle lengthwise. spread a tiny bit of mustard, cut a pickle spear really tiny and onion if you wish. basically you use the hot dog to "make a sandwich" with mustand onion and pickle in the middle of it. Then you wrap the hot dogg in bacon and secure with toothpicks to hold it together then cook on the grill until bacon is cooked..serve in a bun like normal. They were fun for a change. My fav. way to have hot dogs is in beanie weanies!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• on mine I like miracle whip on both sides of the bun, diced tomato and pepper :) mmmmm, so craving one now.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 2:07 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• red onions, toasted cracked wheat bun, ket' mustard, maybe sharp cheese
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 2:07 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Okay i don't know why I have never heard of fried hotdogs so can you all help me out on this cause they sound good and I am making hot dogs tonight dogs in a blanket. But this sounds like it would be good also.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:11 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• sauteed mushrooms, saurkrat, onions, chili, relish, peppers, coleslaw, spicey mustard, ketchup, mayo, reg mustard, 1000 island (yes i have seen people use 1000 island), relish, chopped pickles, jalapeno slices, tomato...and so many more things.
    flcouple7577

Answer by flcouple7577 at 2:18 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• raemommy:
    There are two ways I make my fried hotdogs.
    1.I split them down the middle..but not cutting all the way through. I heat a pan with a tiny bit of oil..just so they dont stick and burn.WHen its hot I open up the hotdog and put it in the pan to fry,then turn.
    2.The other way is to deep fry them...either split or whole.
    We like to do them split because it makes it easier to load them up with all kinds of stuff,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 3:52 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I would choose baked beans
    OR
    on bread with mustard and relish OR mustard, bacon and cheese
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 5:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• sounds disgusting... but if i had to eat one i'm sure i'd cover it in kraut... to hide the dog! ha!
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:31 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Ive never heard of this before
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 9:28 AM on Aug. 31, 2010