how do stay at home moms access cash?

I'm a sahm just wondering how many of ya have joint bank accounts or do ur dh's give u cash to play with? Not talking bout tupperware or work from home moms just curious

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Money & Work

• my husband has his own checking and he direct deposits money into my checking so that I can buy groceries and stuff and then we have a saving account under both our names
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• actually my husband is a SAHD and the only checking account we have is my name but every time he goes to the store or our son needs something or if he needs gas I give him my debit card he knows we can't be frivolous but if he needs anything and we have the money there are no issues of course I make him give me all the reciepts so I don't forget to deduct it from my account.
    Mae264

Answer by Mae264 at 4:32 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• DH and I have had joint checking, savings, and money market accounts from the time we were married (24 years now); I manage the bills but we both have total access to the money. There's never been the question of whose money it is . . . when I was the only one working, it was our money; when we both were working, it was our money; now that I'm sahm, it's still our money. I never understood having separate accounts or women getting an allowance from their husbands. Money is the one thing we don't fight about because we both have the same values and goals as to how we want to manage it (save, spend, invest, etc.).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I just ask my hubby for money.
    Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 7:51 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• We have a joint checking/savings. He has his own account on the side because I pay the bills and he was always overdrawing the account. So I make sure his account has money in it when he gets paid. I just use the house account because I always know how much is in there and where all the money is going.
    I wouldn't be with anyone who "gave me money to buy groceries." We are in this together, he doesn't want me to work outside the home, I have just as much right to all the money as he does. He knows how much I make from my home business, he likes most of that to go into the savings, but he has no problem spending it when he wants new camping equipment.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 7:57 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• My husband makes the money, but I am in charge of it. I pay the bills and balance the checkbook and basically if HE needs any money he asks me for it. But he carries a credit card for gas and lunch out occassionally.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:04 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• DH keeps the money, I ask for some if I need to buy something.
    jluvskija

Answer by jluvskija at 8:18 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I do have my own income from home now, but he makes about three times as much as me. Right now we are supporting two households, and we have our checking account and he has his own. He will keep enough out of his check to pay his bills and have what he wants to get through the week, and deposit the rest in ours. I pay our bills for our residence and make our investments...my check is direct deposited into our joint account and I just take what I want out of it. Both of us know that we are doing ok, but with a child and one on the way and with the economy is lately, we better save all we can when we can.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:33 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• He put me in charge of the money. He doesnt care what i buy. We talk over everything b4 we buy anyways and he tells me just to get it lol..But i will never be that wife i want him to know :)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 8:37 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• We have a joint checking act. I agree I wouldnt be with someone who I had to ask for money!
    maddisont05

Answer by maddisont05 at 8:37 AM on Oct. 11, 2008